Murton Library is situated next to Murton Community Primary School. We offer a wide variety of services and facilities for you and your family to enjoy. The library has accessible services including Supernova screen-reading software and a large keyboard.
- Monday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: closed
- Friday: closed
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
The nearest bus stop is outside the library, where on-road car parking is also available.
Cycle parking facilities - there are currently none available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- Books including large print and picture books,audiobooks and reference books
- Information leaflets
- Language courses
- Music scores
- Public access computers with access to the internet, word-processing and other Office packages
- Wi-fi (free)
- Colour photocopier
- Colour printer
- Ancestry online
- Study area
- Reading group - Third Monday of every month, 5.30pm - 6.30pm
- Toddler time - Last Saturday of every month, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Get creative - Last Monday of every month, 2.00pm - 3.00pm