Find out about the opening times, activities and services available at Lanchester library.
- Monday - 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Tuesday - 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Wednesday - closed
- Thursday - 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5.30pm
- Friday - closed
- Saturday - 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Sunday - closed
- browsing (limited to 20 minutes if maximum capacity or queues forming outside)
- computer access (limited to 45 minutes)
- self-service photocopying and printing
- book request service
- inter library loans
How to get there
Lanchester Library is situated on the corner of Front Street and Newbiggen Lane, opposite the community centre.
If you are travelling by bus, the X31 (to Newcastle via Annfield Plain and Stanley) stops just outside the library. Service 15 (to Consett and Durham) stops opposite the library. There are public parking spaces nearby on Front Street and a free car park on Newbiggen Lane.
Cycle parking facilities - there are currently no cycle parking facilities at this library.