With Tax-free childcare, the government pays £2 for every £8 you pay your childcare provider (via an online account). This is for children from 0 to 11 years old (or 16 if your child is disabled).
You can use this to pay your registered childcare provider, including:
- childminders, nurseries and nannies
- after-school clubs and playschemes
- home careworkers working for a registered home care agency
Visit Childcare Choices to see if you are eligible and to apply online.
You can use tax free childcare at the same time as:
- 3/4 year old nursery places (15 hours - all children are entitled to this)
- 30 hours free childcare for 3 and 4 year olds
You cannot use tax free childcare at the same time as:
- Universal credit
- Tax credits
- Childcare vouchers