Durham AAP Board meetings
We hold regular Board meetings where we put plans and actions in place to help community groups and local organisations develop projects that meet our AAP priorities.
The Durham AAP Board meets regularly alternating between face to face and online meetings. For further information on how to attend the online Board meeting please contact us.
The Board also looks at how those projects are progressing and gets involved in consultations on local issues.
Follow Durham Area Action Partnership on Facebook for the latest meeting information.
Anyone can attend a board meeting but it does help us to organise things if you are able to let us know beforehand. Whilst we are still holding online meetings you will need to register as you will need a link to access the meeting. For further information and to check meeting arrangements please contact us.
Future AAP board meeting dates
- Tuesday 12 July 2022, 2:00pm, Online
- Wednesday 24 August 2022, 6:00pm, Sherburn Hill Hub
- Thursday 29 September 2022, 2:00pm, Online
- Wednesday 26 October 2022, 6:00pm, Newton Hall Community Centre
- Thursday 24 November 2022, 2:00pm, Online
- Tuesday 13 December 2022, 6:00pm, Durham Town Hall
- Thursday 26 January 2023, 2:00pm Online
- Tuesday 21 February 2023, 6:00pm, Durham Town Hall
- Wednesday 29 March 2023, 2:00pm, Online
If you would like to attend you are advised to contact us beforehand to confirm arrangements.
Board meeting minutes
We aim to publish minutes once they are approved at the following meeting. For copies of meeting minutes not listed above, please contact us.
Durham AAP is made up of seven public representatives, seven partner representatives, six county councillors and a representative from the local parish councils. A representative from Believe Housing is also seconded to the board.
- Veronica Freitas
- Rebecca Ashby
- Alice Wilkes
- Jen Straughan Hawley
- Gary Tidbury
- Christopher Tindale
- Victoria Ashfield
- Colin Stephenson (North Durham Clinical Commissioning Group/Health)
- Rev. Joanne Thorns (Voluntary and Community sector)
- Ian Moore (County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service)
- Dave Clarke (Durham Constabulary)
- Sarah Burns / Lee Alexander (Durham County Council)
- Paul Howard (Durham BID/Business)
- Rebecca Eves (Durham University)
- Sam Humble (Believe Housing)
- Seun Twins (Durham University Student Union)
County and parish representatives
- Cllr Eric Mavin (Belmont Division)
- Cllr Lesley Mavin (Belmont Division)
- Cllr Richard Ormerod (Elvet and Gilesgate Division)
- Cllr Lucy Hovvels (Thornley Division)
- Cllr Liz Brown (Nevilles Cross Division)
- Cllr Bill Kellett (Sherburn Division)
- Cllr Maureen Boettcher (parish councils)