Freeman's Quay Leisure Centre
Whether it's fitness, swimming or family fun that inspires your visit, Freeman's Quay Leisure Centre has a great range of activities including gym, exercise classes and two pools.
All our leisure centres are temporarily closed until further notice.
All memberships, including fitness, swimming and swimming lessons, will be frozen for the period of the closure and direct debit payments will be automatically adjusted. If you have paid up front for any membership, the period of the closure will be added to the end of your contract. Any bookings that are affected during the closure period will be fully refunded and we will contact you directly to arrange this.
We will be monitoring government guidance around social distancing closely and will reopen the centre as soon as we can.
While we are closed, we hope you can remain physically active and invite you to look out for links on Thrive Active Durham Leisure on Facebook, providing information on how you can keep moving and stay healthy.
See our Leisure centres and exercise events (changes to services) page for the latest information.
- 140 station air conditioned fitness suite
- free weights and functional training rig
- tepidarium (16+ only)
- sports hall
- 25m pool
- male and female changing rooms (with hairdryers)
- mixed swimming changing rooms (with hairdryers)
- lockers - £1.00 refundable
- disabled changing room with hoist
- disabled access throughout the building
- baby change
- free water fountain available in fitness suite (members only)
- sport equipment
- vending machines selling snacks and hot and cold drinks
- gym and swim items for sales from high street brands Adidas and Speedo
- private physiotherapist
Hire a room
Host your meeting, event, sport or club activity in our sports hall or studio and we'll include room set up for free.
Children and young people
Sports clubs, gym membership for young people and holiday activities - there's lots for your family to do.