How to apply for CLLD funding
Find out how to apply for funding to help your organisation or community through the CLLD programme.
Before you start the application process, please contact us to discuss your project idea. We can give you:
- Advice on your project and an indication of whether it will be suitable for funding
- Timescale for the application process
- Guidance throughout the application process
The application process is as follows:
- Project idea - when considering your project for CLLD funding you must contact us to ensure your project is eligible for funding. The CLLD area co-ordinator will support you to understand if your project fits with the local development strategy and start with an expression of interest.
- Expression of interest - if this is successful, you will then be able to submit a full application. You must have spoken with the area co-ordinator to obtain an expression of interest application form. Timescales for submission to be agreed with CLLD area co-ordinator.
- Expression of interest assessment - Each expression of interest is subject to a technical assessment before being presented to the Local Action Group (North Durham CLLD Local Action Group or South Durham CLLD Local Action Group (LAG)).
- Full application - you will only be able to submit a full application if your expression of interest is approved. Once approved by the local action group you will be formally invited and supplied with the full application and relevant guidance notes. Timescales for submission to be agreed with CLLD area co-ordinator.
- Full application assessment - Each full application is subject to a technical assessment before being presented to the Local Action Group (North Durham CLLD Local Action Group or South Durham CLLD Local Action Group (LAG)).
- Project Delivery - Once you have been granted your offer letter you can then start your project delivery.
The LAG decision on granting funding will be final.
Before you start applying for funding please contact us and we will support you throughout the process. Other resources include:
- and - all projects must be able to show that they'll meet the strategic need of the CLLD area.
- Maps and postcode lookups to see if you are eligible for funding are available on North Durham Community Led Local Development (CLLD) and South Durham Community Led Local Development (CLLD) pages. Priority will be given to the top 20% deprived areas.
In partnership with
- European Union - European Structural and Investment Funds