Priority Services Register for older and disabled people
If you sign up to your energy company company's Priority Services Register (PSR), you can get extra help and support with your energy supply.
We are continuing to provide adult social care services during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you have a named worker, please contact them by telephone. You can contact Social Care Direct or the Emergency Duty Team on 03000 267 979. Updated information about our services is available on our page.
We are continuing to provide adult social care services during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you have a named worker, please contact them by telephone.
You can contact Social Care Direct or the Emergency Duty Team on 03000 267 979.
Updated information about our services is available on our page.
You can sign up if you're:
- a pensioner
- disabled or chronically sick
- have a hearing or visual impairment
What help can you receive?
If you're on the PSR, you could get:
- free advice on being more energy-efficient
- protection from cold callers with a password protection scheme to keep you safe
- your meter moved free of charge if it's hard for you to use or read the meter
- a free quarterly meter reading if you can't read your meter
- bills sent to a relative, carer or friend to help you check them
- your bills and meter readings in a braille, large print, audio tape, textphone or typetalk if you're visually impaired
- advance notice if your energy supply is going to be interrupted
- priority reconnection if your supply is interrupted
- alternative facilities for cooking and heating if your supply is interrupted
- extra help to use your meter or appliances
- annual gas safety checks
Free gas safety checks
To be eligible for an free annual gas safety check, you must own your home and get a means tested benefit such as Pension Credit or Income Support. Also, one of the following must apply:
- you live alone
- you live with other adults who are aged over 60, disabled and or chronically sick
- you live with at least one other child under five
How to sign up
Contact your energy supplier to see if you're eligible to sign up to the PSR. If you have different suppliers for gas and electricity, you'll need to call them both.
You'll need to register again if you change your energy supplier.
Contact the Citizens Advice Bureau: contact the consumer helpline if you want to find out more or require assistance.