Routeway into Children's Social Care
A course that will develop your knowledge of the responsibilities of Children and Young People's Care and Support Workers, the diverse needs of the children and young people using the services and other important factors such as safeguarding.
Within County Durham we provide services for children and young people who require the support of dedicated and highly skilled care and support staff, particularly those who cannot live at home or those with an additional need who enjoy short breaks from home.
Who the course is for
This course is suitable for those who are looking to work with or widen their knowledge of working with children and young people in County Durham. You will bring patience and emotional resilience, empathy, and determination to the role, but most of all you will have outstanding aspirations for children and young people who need care and support across the County.
What you will learn
The course is split into nine manageable units:
- principles of communication in children's social care settings
- principles of personal development in children's social care settings
- principles of diversity, equality, and inclusion in children's social care
- principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- understand the role of social care / support worker
- understand the person-centred approaches in children's social care settings
- understand health and safety in social care settings
- understand how to handle information in social care settings
How you will learn
Where appropriate we will offer classroom-based training supplemented by home study and E-Learning supported by our tutors. You will be assessed by your tutor using a variety of methods including, portfolio of evidence, written assignments, and an independent study task. There are no exams - just assessments!
- Employability skills, employability and personal development including interview skills and preparation for work.
- Employment opportunities with a guaranteed interview with local children's social care providers.
- Free Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the sector.
The nine units will provide knowledge of the development of children, rights of the child, and how to develop positive relationships with young people to support the achievement of health and wellbeing.
Course starting dates and times
|Venue||Day||Time||Start Date||Number of weeks|
|Online through Microsoft Teams||Tuesday and Wednesday||9.30am - 3.00pm||18 April 2023||6|
|St Paul's Centre, St. Pauls Gardens, Spennymoor, DL16 7LR||Tuesday and Wednesday||9.30am - 3.00pm||6 June 2023||6|
To book this course, please contact us.
- Care Academy
- 03000 260 222