Census and statistical info
Find information and links to various statistical reports and resources about County Durham and areas within the county.
In addition to providing access to information on the census process and statistics, we produce and maintain summaries and reports from a variety of other statistical sources. This provides a demographic picture of County Durham and the areas within its boundary.
Every ten years the Government undertakes a census, which includes a wide range of information on population, health, ethnicity, lone parents, households, and the economic status of residents: 2011 Census.
Current data about our county
The Integrated Needs Assessment (INA) holds up to date information on health and wellbeing in our county, as well wider demographic, economic, community safety and environmental data. It is made up of downloadable documents (PDFs) and links to other websites.
- Local health, County Durham and AAP profile information on the Profiles page.
- Information about the county's population, poverty and deprivation (including the Index of Deprivation and supporting maps, and population estimates).
- Information about the county's health, social care and wellbeing.
- Information about the county's unemployment, on the County Durham Partnership: INA - economy, housing and transport page.
Key facts and figures for our authority and county are on our About Us page.
Research and Consultation
03000 268 032
0191 383 3657
Our address is:
- Assistant Chief Executive's Office
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UF