You can subscribe to the Area Action Partnership (AAP) news or follow the AAP on Spennymoor Area Action Partnership on Facebook.
Spennymoor AAP It's Up 2 U Event - Saturday 2nd March 2019
Local organisations across the Spennymoor AAP area are set to benefit from the It's Up 2 U Community Grant Fund again.
The fund, which is being made available through the Spennymoor Area Action Partnership (AAP), has proven again to be very popular with 27 local groups and organisations vying for a share of the £25,000 grant pot.
The decision on who gets the money will be made by members of the public who will get to vote on their chosen projects at the event being held on 2 March 2019 at Spennymoor Leisure Centre between 10am - 2pm. As long as you live, work, volunteer or study in the Spennymoor AAP area and are 11 years old or over, you will have the opportunity to vote on projects that will benefit the local community.
At the event projects local to the area will be showcasing what they do and what they'd like the money for. After viewing the projects people will be asked to complete a ballot paper and vote for which projects they would like funding to be awarded to.
This year the projects have been grouped depending on the amount of money they have applied for. If a project has applied for a £1,250 grant or lower they are in Group A. If a project has applied for higher than this then they will be in Group B. Group A has a total of £10,000 to be allocated to projects and Group B has a total of £15,000 to be allocated to projects.
At the event members of the public will also have the opportunity to vote on the priorities which they think the Spennymoor AAP should focus on for the 2019/20 financial year.
The event promises to be a really exciting opportunity for members of our community to get involved in making local decisions. You can only do this by being there on the day so make sure that you come along and make your vote count!
A full list of the projects and the groups/organisations vying for your votes are listed below:
- Blind Life in Durham - Keeping Fit and Healthy
- 3rd Spennymoor Brownies - Visit to Girlguiding World Centre, London
- Byers Green Community Arts Group - Arts to Help Inclusion
- DurhamGate Residents Association - DurhamGate Residents Association
- Foundation of Light - Kicks Engagement
- North Park Primary School - Food for Less!
- Salamander Taekwondo - Sports Equipment
- Spennymoor Cricket Club - Develop Junior and Adult Cricket
- Spennymoor Jubilee Independent Methodist Church - Building Improvements
- Spennymoor Stage and Song - Storage Boxes for use with New Containers
- Spennymoor Town Band - Youth Band Uniforms, Music Stands and Folders
- Spennymoor Youth and Community Association - Shapes
- Spennymoor Youth Theatre Group and Performing Arts School - Summer Concert 2019
- Grow at St Paul's (St Paul's Spennymoor Parochial Church Council) - After School Family Gardening
- Tudhoe Cricket Club - Tudhoe Cricket Club
- North East First Credit Union - Managing Your Resources
- Tudhoe Community Centre - Food, Friendship and Fun
- Durham Christian Partnership - Money Advice in Spennymoor Foodbank
- Friends of St Charles' RC School - Secure Fencing to Outdoor Multi-Skilled Area
- Learning Library - Moving Forward
- Rosa Street Primary School - Performing at Playtimes
- Solan Connor Fawcett Family Cancer Trust - Team Solan Supports more Warriors
- South Durham Gymnastics - South Durham Gymnastics (SDGC): Painting Your Town Pink!
- Spennymoor Gala Committee - Spennymoor Gala & Parade 2019
- Spennymoor Boxing Academy - Canvas and Tracksuits and WATT Bike
- Parkrun Limited - Spennymoor Parkrun
- Spennymoor Town Youth FC - Help Us Change!