Help and support for individuals
We can help you back into work and to improve your career by gaining the skills that local businesses really need.
Skills support for the unemployed
We can help you with our training package aimed at those recently unemployed (even if it has only been for one day), which covers skills such as:
- food safety
- health and safety
- emergency first aid
- customer service
- business administration
- team leading
- basic maths, English and ICT
Help and support if you are long term unemployed
If you have been out of work for some time or even recovering from a long term health condition, it can be difficult to find the right steps back into work, and through the Government's Work and Health Programme we may be able to help you:
- identify any barriers, for example learning a new skill
- gain access to courses for recognised qualifications in Maths, English and ICT
- improve confidence, job-seeking skills and useful coaching on finding employment
We aim to help you not only find work, but secure permanent employment and 72% of the people we have helped into work have achieved this.
If you are 18 to 25
If you're aged 18 to 25 and not in education, employment or training you may be interested in our Durham Works programme.
Contact us to discuss your employment and/or training needs and we'll see how we can help. Workforce development services are delivered by our Durham Employment and Skills team.
In partnership with
- European Union - European Social Fund
- City and Guilds
- Durham Employment and Skills
- Qual Safe Awards