Durham Schools Forum
The Durham Schools Forum is a formal advisory and decision making body on matters relating to school funding.
It consists of school and academy representatives, headteachers, governors, non-school members, 14-19 partnership, early years private, voluntary/independent sector providers, diocese and union representatives.
The forum meets at least four times a year and is open to the public.
It provides a means of communication between local authorities and schools on funding matters affecting schools. It must be consulted on any changes to the formula used to fund schools, and the financial effects of any proposed changes. Finally, it is consulted annually on financial issues relating to:
- pupils with special educational needs
- use of pupil referral units and education of children otherwise at school
- early years
- administration of the allocation of central government grants paid to schools via the local authority
- contracts for provision of services to schools.
The next meeting
The next meeting of the Durham Schools Forum will take place on:
- Monday 25 November 2019
- Thursday 26 March 2020
- Tuesday 30 June 2020
- Wednesday 23 September 2020
- Thursday 26 November 2020
Meetings will begin at 9.30am and will be held at:
Durham Leadership Centre
Education Development Centre
Schools forum minutes and agendas
Track changes and comments are included in some of these documents so that members of the schools forum can discuss at their meetings.
Please contact us for earlier minutes.
Schools forum membership
Schools forum governance
- Durham Schools Forum
- 03000 265 853
Our address is:
- Children and Young People's Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UJ