Durham Payroll Services
We are Durham Payroll Services, a fully payroll accredited provider of all your payroll needs.
- Contact us for a quote.
Who we are
We are the largest public sector organisation in the North East of England, currently providing payroll services to a client base which includes maintained schools, academies, town councils, colleges, parish councils and housing associations.
What we do
We were set up initially to provide payroll services for Durham County Council employees. The success of this has allowed us to expand and provide payroll services to external organisations, whilst utilising the experience and stability of our local authority background. By choosing Durham Payroll Services, you'll have peace of mind that your payroll is in safe hands.
Each month we process 43,000 payments for our customers.
When you choose Durham Payroll Services, you can be assured that your payroll will be managed with professionalism and accuracy. Whether you're an organisation of 1 or 1,000 employees, we can provide a payroll service for you.
Why choose us?
Five great reasons to choose Durham Payroll Services:
- We are the only CIPP (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals) accredited local authority payroll provider in the North East of England
- great prices
- transparency of cost - total cost upfront with no hidden charges
- payroll service offering you all the benefits of a payroll department without any of the overheads or responsibility
- a vastly experienced and professional team of payroll managers and officers
What we can offer you
We can offer you:
- fully managed payroll service, accurately and on time each month
- fully compliant with data protection requirements
- third party payments and liaison
- additional services upon request, such as Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) checks, risk assessment guidance and Single Central Record auditing for schools
- a suite of standard reports (or bespoke reports), provided electronically
- a dedicated payroll helpdesk manned by payroll professionals
More about our full range of services
Our full range of services include:
- calculation of gross to net pay, including statutory and non-statutory deductions including attachment of earnings orders, student loan deductions
- processing of salary sacrifices, such as child care vouchers and lease cars
- make ongoing amendments based on workforce changes, for example starters, leavers, promotions
- payment information reports available for each paycycle
- payment of salary into employee's bank account via BACs
- provision of payslips
- submissions to HMRC via Real Time Information (RTI)
- provision of year end P60s
- required returns to relevant workplace pension provider e.g. Teacher's Pensions Scheme, Local Government
- implementation of pay awards where relevant
- administration of sick pay and parental leave payments in accordance with statutory and occupational schemes
- processing of claim forms for additional payments
What people say about us
Recent customer surveys have provided the following great examples of our customer feedback:
"As Business Development Manager of a newly established Multi Academy Trust, I have found this service to be of the highest standard. It is good to know that I can be in regular contact with an efficient organisation who provides only the very best support and can give me piece of mind that our staff are appropriately looked after. I do place my trust in this service."
"Durham Payroll provides us with an excellent service which we would wholeheartedly recommend. We have worked closely with colleagues in Payroll to ensure the provision which we receive is of the quality we need, and this has ensured that our monthly payroll runs smoothly and any queries are resolved quickly and efficiently. We have developed an excellent working relationship which is essential for such a critical function of our business, and Durham Payroll are always keen to work closely with us to ensure the service remains high quality and fit for purpose."
- HR Schools
- HR Schools
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- Human Resources
- Green Lane Council Offices
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL16 6JQ