Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Mental health

Are you concerned about your own or a family member's mental health? Find information on care and support services available to help manage issues affecting relationships, work and/or quality of life.

If you are concerned about yourself, or a family member, who appears to be mentally unwell, please contact your GP.

Get help

Are you at risk of losing your home?

If you think that you may become homeless, see our Get help to avoid becoming homeless information, which includes how to contact us outside of office hours. We will look at your needs and work with you to keep your home or find suitable alternative housing.

Our Locate - care and support in County Durham website gives details of mental health support groups and other organisations which may be able to help.

Specialist support teams

You may also be able to get help from specialist health and social care teams drawn from a variety of organisations including the council and the NHS. There are teams to support:

  • people with mental illness and their carers
  • mental illnesses associated with ageing, eg dementia or Alzheimer's
  • learning disabilities

Contact Social Care Direct to find out if any of these services can offer support.

Community Floating Support

Community Floating Support - for adults with mental health issues is for people over the age of 18 years with mental health issues, who do not have the support of a social worker or care coordinator. 

Contact us
First Contact/Social Care Direct
03000 267 979
0191 383 5752
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page