We offer a range of facilities at leisure centres across the county.
Find the latest sport and fitness news, including offers.
- Abbey Leisure Centre
- Chester-le-Street Leisure Centre
- Freeman's Quay Leisure Centre
- Meadowfield Leisure Centre
- Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre
- Riverside Leisure Complex
- Shildon-Sunnydale Leisure Centre
- Spennymoor Leisure Centre
- Teesdale Leisure Centre
- Woodhouse Close Leisure Complex
Leisure centres operated by other organisations
The following leisure centres are operated by Leisureworks (Derwentside Trust for Sport and Arts) in conjunction with us. For more information please visit the Leisureworks website:
- Consett Academy and Leisure Centre
- Louisa Centre, Stanley
The following leisure centres are managed by 1Life in partnership with us. For more information please visit the 1Life website:
- Peterlee Leisure Centre
- Seaham Leisure Centre
From 4 September to 17 September, Peterlee Leisure Centre will be closed to the public to allow services to be moved and a temporary reception created at the side of the Centre.
The following leisure centre is operated by SLAM Community Development Trust:
- Spectrum Leisure Centre, Willington
The following leisure centres were transferred into community ownership as part of the 2011 indoor facilities review:
- Deerness Gymnastics Academy
- Active Life @ Coxhoe
- Ferryhill Leisure Centre was transferred to Ferryhill Community Hub to be run as a community venue by a charitable group.
- Sherburn Leisure Centre has transferred to Sherburn Parish Council to be run as a community club by a charitable group.
There are also Community gyms across County Durham.
Booking and payment system
A new IT system has been installed in each of our leisure centres which will improve your visit, making payments quicker and access easier. We are working on introducing online booking for classes and activities, which will be coming soon. If you wish to book a class in the meantime please contact your local leisure centre.
Culture and Sport
03000 266 555
Our address is:
- Regeneration and Local Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UL