Private Landlord Accreditation Scheme
Our new private landlord accreditation scheme will benefit both you and your tenants. Find out more about the scheme and how to apply.
What is private landlord accreditation?
is voluntary, requiring private landlords to work in line with a Code of Practice. It recognises landlords who offer good quality, well-managed accommodation and promotes the ongoing improvement of housing in the private rental sector by encouraging all landlords to achieve the same standards.
Benefits of membership
There are benefits to both landlords and tenants, including:
- A certificate awarded for recognition to display on premises
- Advertising of empty properties on our Durham Key Options website - accessed by people looking and registering for social housing
- A tenant referencing service
- Template documentation including a tenancy agreement
- Access to tenancy advice
- An invitation to our landlord forum, training events and quarterly newsletter; which feature guest speakers, legislative updates and topics of interest
- Access to financial assistance to return long term empty properties back into occupation (subject to availability, terms and conditions)
- Access to the Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme (subject to qualification, terms and conditions)
- Recognition of landlords offering good quality accommodation
Apply to join
The process is simple, download and complete the application form and return it to us along with the appropriate fee:
Following your application we will contact you to arrange an initial inspection of your property.
How much does it cost to join?
You can apply to join for an annual fee. The fee operates on a sliding scale depending upon how many properties you own or manage:
|Up to 10 properties||£150|
|11- 50 properties||£250|
Contact us for more information.
In partnership with
- Private Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Housing Solutions
- Housing Solutions
- 03000 268 000