Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Find out what information we hold about you

You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.

Our Privacy notices and data protection information outlines how and why we collect information about you, what we collect, who we share it with and your rights in relation to this information.

If you want to access the personal data we hold about you, or you feel that something has gone wrong with your personal information, you can submit an Information Rights Request online.

Alternatively, you can find out what information we have about you by using our  Icon for pdf Subject Access Request form (PDF, 258.0kb) .

A separate process is necessary if requesting information about pupil records and CCTV footage.

Your rights

You have the right to:

  • ask us to make changes if you believe the data we hold about you is wrong.
  • request a copy of the data we hold about you.
  • ask us to delete or stop processing data that we hold on you. However, please note that we can only do this if it is not required for further processing - in general, we erase your data as soon as we no longer require it, in line with our retention guidelines or after six years by default.
  • request that we stop sending direct marketing to you.

If you do not feel that we have not correctly handled your data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.

Durham County Council is a registered data controller (registration number Z1808275).

Pupil records

You have the right to access your educational record. However, to do so you will need to contact the headteacher of your school directly. We cannot provide you with this information. If you want a permanent copy of the record, there may be a charge, and the record should be supplied within 15 school days of your request. For more information, visit Information Commissioner: pupil information.

CCTV footage

If you are applying for personal information which is CCTV footage, you will need to complete a  Icon for pdf Subject Access Request form - CCTV footage (PDF, 563.6kb) .

Contact us
Freedom of Information
03000 267 803
Our address is:
  • Resources
  • Durham County Council
  • County Hall
  • Durham
  • County Durham
  • United Kingdom
  • DH1 5UF
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page