Christmas tree collections
We collect real Christmas trees for free in January - request to have your tree collected online.
You can request a collection online between 16 December 2019 and 12 January 2020.
- Chester-le-Street, Durham, Teesdale and Wear Valley areas will take place week beginning 13 January 2020
- Derwentside, Easington and Sedgefield areas will take place week beginning 20 January 2020
Leaving your tree for collection
Please put your tree out from 7.00am on Monday of the scheduled week of collection. Don't place the item out for collection a day/few days before your scheduled collection week. This helps to stop the tree being taken by a third party who may not be licensed to collect and dispose of your tree legally. Your tree could end up flytipped.
- make sure we can gain access to the tree(s) - unlock gates where applicable
- cut trees over 10 feet in height into a manageable size i.e. at least in half with further trimming to larger branches
- leave your tree either in front of your property (for example on your drive, or garden), or at the side of your house where your bins are normally collected