The Chairman's Medal is awarded to individuals or groups in recognition of services to County Durham.
It's the highest honour we can award for individuals or groups who have done something special for communities in County Durham.
Chairman's and Young Person's Medal
Working with local Area Action Partnerships, our chairman wants you to nominate:
- individuals (adults or children and young people) for their voluntary work.
- outstanding charitable organisations.
Nominations are now closed for the 2016 Chairman's and young person's medal.
2016 Chairman's young person Medal
The newly introduced Young Person's Chairman's Medal was awarded for the first time in 2016:
- Mollie Pedelty - 3 Towns Partnership
- Liam Fellows - 4 Together Partnership
- Kyle Scott - Bishop Auckland and Shildon AAP
- Matthew Gill - Chester-le-Street & District AAP
- Reece Taylor - Derwent Valley AAP
- The Mini Police - Durham City AAP
- Mollie Booth - East Durham AAP
- Stephanie Thornton - East Durham Rural Corridor AAP
- Reianna Bregazzi - Mid Durham AAP
- George Morgan Watson and Chris Sherwood - Spennymoor AAP
- Liam Bell - Stanley AAP
- Josh Barker - Teesdale AAP
- Josh Marlow - Weardale AAP
2016 Chairman's Medal
- Jean Graham - 3 Towns Partnership
- Lynn Jones and Norah Newby - 4 Together Partnership
- Shildon Dine and Dance Meet and Greet Group -Bishop Auckland and Shildon AAP
- James Gustard - Chester-le-Street & District AAP
- Ruth Harrison - Derwent Valley AAP
- The Wood Pile - Durham City AAP
- Parkside Community Centre volunteers - East Durham AAP
- Ann Gething - East Durham Rural Corridor AAP
- Anna Louise Swabey - Great Aycliffe and Middridge AAP
- County Durham Socialist
- Clothes Bank - Mid Durham AAP
- Janet Barrett - Spennymoor AAP
- Margaret and John Wears - Stanley AAP
- The Association of Teesdale Day Clubs - Teesdale AAP
- Jean Proud - Weardale AAP