Adult and Health Services
Adult and Health Services works to support adults, public health and consumer protection in County Durham.
To deliver these services, there are five service areas within Adult and Health Services:
- adult care
- environment, health and consumer protection
- public health
- planning and service strategy
- work with partner organisations to reduce health inequalities and early deaths
- commission and provide services to improve quality of life, independence and care and support for people with long term conditions
- work with partners in the public and voluntary and community sectors, we aim to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the population
- protect vulnerable people from harm is part of our statutory duty, working with local safeguarding and social care services
- protect users through environmental health, trading standards and licensing services
The Corporate Director of Adult and Health Services is Jane Robinson.