Submit an application
How to submit and pay for planning applications in County Durham.
Need help calculating your fees? The Planning Portal: fee calculator can help you by working out the cost of any particular planning application.
You must pay the fee when you submit your application. Your application will not be processed until we have received the correct fee.
Submit a planning application online
You can submit your planning application online by registering with either the Planning Portal or with the iApply website. Choose which provider you wish to use - it makes no difference to the way we deal with your application.
Benefits of applying online
More than 60% of all planning applications are now made online.
- It's quick, easy to use and available 24/7.
- Complete your application form, upload supporting documents and pay for your fees all in one place.
- Work on your applications in draft before submission.
- Receive immediate delivery and acknowledgement of your application.
- Save on postage and printing costs.
- Have an online record of your completed applications.
What do you need to submit with your application?
General advice about what to submit with your application can be found on the Planning Portal website. In addition, we've also set out some specific documentation which will be required for applications submitted in the County Durham area in our .
Help and further information
For further information or assistance in the submission of applications, please contact us.
- 03000 262 830
Our address is:
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UL