Find and comment on planning applications
Search for planning applications, appeals and enforcements online by keyword, application reference, postcode or by a single line of an address.
Read theif you need any help in using the system.
Use the system to:
- search for planning applications
- view the current status of any application (including the decision if it's been made) and any comments or objections received
Additional functions if you register
Use the system to:
- post comments or objections online or directly to the case officer, if the consultation period is open
- receive email notifications of new planning applications based on your search criteria.
- track individual application progress
- obtain information about applications in individual Wards or Parishes
Where are your comments / objections published?
Comments are considered as part of the planning process and will be published and visible on the planning application system alongside the original application and supporting documents. Your name and address will be added to the planning application web page, however, your signature, email address and telephone number will not be published.
If you do not want your name and address to be shown online please do not use our online system to make comments and instead you must contact us by email or in writing, making it clear the information you do not want to be published.
Other ways to comment
- contact us by email or in writing
- at a Planning Committee - find out more in the
When making an objection, remember that we are only able to take certain things into account, such as:
- possible conflicts with planning policies for the area
- the height of a proposed building and whether it would overshadow neighbouring properties to an unreasonable extent
- an increase in noise, disturbance or in the level of traffic that would be harmful - this relates to the proposal itself not to building works
- the appearance of a proposed building in relation to neighbours and the area
Other issues such as potential devaluation of property, loss of a view or suitability of an applicant are not considered to be valid reasons.
A full list of what can and cannot be taken into account when making a planning decision is available in thedocument.
Decisions and appeals
Find out how we make planning decisions and how to appeal if you disagree with the outcome or the process to decide it.