Help and support for businesses
Our Durham Employment and Skills service supports local businesses to develop and grow their workforces.
Recently made redundant? 18 to 25 and not in education, training or employment? Unemployed? Visit our Help and support for individuals to see how we can help you get back into work.
Help for businesses
Support for your recruitment needs
Our professionally qualified team have an excellent knowledge of the labour market and understand local recruitment challenges
If you've got vacancies to fill, we'll work with you to enable an effective recruitment process to make sure you get the right candidate for the job. We'll also support those candidates once they're in place.
Bespoke training and assessment packages for employers, the self-employed and their workforce
Our training and assessment personnel are experienced professionals with a proven background in learning and development. They will work with you to plan a training and assessment package tailored to your business's needs to help it grow and develop.
Training and assessment solutions are available in the following areas:
- Management, leadership and employee development
- Workplace health and safety
- Work based learning and assessment (National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and knowledge-based qualifications
- Access to a suite of qualifications in hospitality, tourism, leisure, travel and retail via People1st.
Training events are delivered at our venues, or can be delivered at a suitable venue on site as part of a work-based learning and assessment package.
Find out more about the training courses, workshops and vocational qualifications available.
In partnership with
- European Union - European Social Fund
- City and Guilds
- People 1st
- World Host
- Durham Employment and Skills
- Qual Safe Awards