Gambling Act 2005 Statement of Principles consultation
We carried out a consultation to seek views on the review of our Gambling Act 2005 Statement of Principles, also known as the 'gambling policy'.
This consultation is now closed. Thank you to everyone who responded.
Under the Gambling Act 2005 we must publish a policy document (called a statement of principles) which explains how we will carry out our work and determine licence applications for a variety of gaming and betting facilities.
The policy includes three objectives which underpin our role:
- preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder, or being used to support crime
- ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
- protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling
Gambling Act 2005 Statement of Principles
The policy was introduced in January 2013 and is now due for review. As part of this review, we intend to maintain these three objectives and consult on proposals in the following areas:
- local risk assessments
- guidance relating to primary authorities and enforcement action
- government amendments to stakes and prizes for gaming machines
Full details of the proposed changes can be found in the.
Following consideration of the consultation results, the newwas approved on 7 December 2016.
If you would like any further information on this consultation, please contact us.