Durham City Sustainable Transport Strategy consultation
The draft Durham City Sustainable Transport Strategy aims to make it easier for people to get in and out of the city regardless of how they choose to travel. It will address transport challenges and economic needs over the next 15 years.
We need to look at better management of the amount of traffic that travels through and around the city, particularly at peak hours, and the effects on the economy and environment.
It is a great opportunity to tackle issues of congestion, air quality, safety and the health of the local community. This can be done by making improvements for all types of transport and by reducing the reliance of travelling into the city by car.
What will the Strategy cover?
The draft Durham City Sustainable Transport Strategy will:
- set out proposals for improvements to the transport network across the city over the next 15 years including roads, junctions, crossings and cycle route
- develop ways to help people become more active, walking and cycling more often and promotes more use of cleaner, greener public transport
- help to shape the future development of the city by contributing to the County Durham Plan and the neighbourhood plan for Durham City
If you have any problems downloading or viewing this document, please contact us on 03000 26 0000.
Have your say
The draft document has been developed in partnership with the city's key partners, after a series of targeted events and consultations. We now want your views, so we can improve the strategy in line with your comments and begin delivering improvements in the city.
- view a paper copy of the document at Clayport library, Newton Hall library, Belmont library or County Hall and complete a response form
- attend our roadshow on 4 July from 4.00pm-7.30pm at Durham City Town Hall
- attend our roadshow on 11 July from 4.00pm-7.30pm at Framwellgate Moor Community Centre
The closing date for comments is Monday 8 August 2016.
What happens next?
Once we have considered your views and made changes based on your comments, we will seek to adopt the strategy and prepare a number of travel and action plans. A partnership will also be formed which will monitor the progress of the plans.
- Spatial Policy
- Spatial Policy
- 03000 261 908
Our address is:
- FREEPOST Spatial Policy
- No further address info, or stamp needed