Why choose to foster with us?
You can help to make a real difference to a young person's life at a time when they need it most.
Make the choice to foster with us and you're choosing a long established fostering agency with Investing in Children status.
We are committed to providing high quality services and are continually recruiting foster families from across the region so that we can provide the best placement choice for children and young people in need of care.
"I see Durham County Council as leaders in fostering, the back-up and support with the council is much better than other agencies." (Mr & Mrs Stewart, foster carers)
What we can offer you
- Support and guidance from a highly skilled team who will make sure you are supported at all times throughout your journey.
- Different types of fostering for you to choose from including short-term, long-term and specialist.
- Fostering social worker who will visit you regularly to give you advice, support and access to a wide range of professional services.
- Access to round-the-clock support during evenings and weekends.
- Extensive training package to help you develop your skills and experience in caring for young people.
- Clinical psychologist and a team of therapeutic workers to advise and support you and the young people you are caring for.
- Access to a range of specialist professional support services which include health, education and community support.
- Local and specialist support groups, a great way to meet other foster carers who support each other.
- Local venue for support groups and training.
- Financial support.
- Putting the children at the heart of our service working with them and you, their foster family, to make sure they have enjoyable safe, secure and stable childhoods.
Full Circle Therapeutic Service
Full Circle works closely with us to improve the life chances of young people who've suffered trauma in their early childhood. It offers consultations and support to young people, and foster carers. Your fostering social worker or the child's social worker can make a referral to Full Circle for you.
If you would like to speak to Full Circle for advice or support, you can contact their duty team by telephone on 01740 664 002.
tells you about our aims, values, principles and objectives of the service and describes in more detail how these will be met in partnership with foster carers, children and their families.
We have developed thein partnership with foster carers which sets out what we expect from each other.
In partnership with
- Investing in Children
- 03000 269 400
Our address is:
- Children and Young People's Services
- Spectrum 8
- Spectrum Business Park
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- SR7 7TT