Budget consultation - December 2015
We continue to face severe financial reductions and will therefore continue to have to make difficult budget decisions. Consultation is key and we remain committed to involving you in our decision making process.
Our cabinet will be meeting on 16 December to consider next year's draft budget report. Before we finalise our plans for savings, we are consulting on our approach to identify whether anything significant has changed that might impact on what we learnt from our last consultation.
What are we doing?
With this in mind you are invited to attend one of our events, at which you can learn more about what's in the cabinet report and let us have your views on it. Although we are making every effort to protect frontline services to the public, inevitably there will be some impact due to the continuing budget reductions. The events will outline these proposed changes for the next two years, with a particular focus on the proposals for 2016/17.
Have your say
Have your say by:
- attending one of our consultation events:
- 16 December - St John's RC School, Bishop Auckland, 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- 17 December - Shotton Hall, Peterlee, 1.00pm - 2.30pm
- 17 December - County Hall, 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- contact us with your comments if you aren't able to come to one of the events
The closing date for comments is 12 January 2016.
If you would like to attend, please contact us to book your place. Please note the venues have limited capacity, so please book as early as possible. You will be sent an email confirmation.
What happens next?
- On 10 February 2016, recommendations will be agreed by our Cabinet.
- A final decision on the budget will be made at our full council on the 25 February 2016.