European Partnership Grants
There are also other European Partnership Grants that provide funding for experts across Europe to develop and share knowledge, good practice and ideas to address common issues, encourage innovation, and improve local ways of working
Projects can be developed around topics such as:
- Culture and arts: through the Creative Europe Programme
- Economic development and regeneration: through the Interreg Europe, Interreg V North Sea Programme or the Interreg V North West Europe Programme.
- Education and learning, youth and sport: through the Erasmus programme
- European remembrance and town twinning: through the Europe for Citizens Programme
- Nature, the natural environment and climate change: through the LIFE Programme
- Prevention of violence (including bullying and domestic abuse), equalities and anti-discrimination: through the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme
- Research and innovation: through the Horizon 2020 UK
- Technology to improve quality of life of older people: through the Active and Assisted Living Programme
- Town and city development: through the Urbact Programme
Durham County Council is currently involved in four Interreg Europe projects: Locarbo energy efficiency project, REBUS Energy Efficiency project and SME Power Energy Efficiency project which are based on the theme of Low Carbon, and the Innovation themed project, Stephanie.
For general information on European funding in County Durham, please contact us.