European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
The ERDF supports economic regeneration projects, delivering economic growth and job creation.
The ERDF's investment priorities are set out in an ERDF Operational Programme which has been formally adopted by the European Commission. The eight investment priorities are:
- Priority Axis 1 - Promoting Research and Innovation
- Priority Axis 2 - Enhancing Access to and Use and Quality of Information and Communications (ICT) Technology
- Priority Axis 3 - Enhancing the Competitiveness of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Priority Axis 4 - Supporting the Shift towards a Low Carbon Economy in All Sectors
- Priority Axis 5 - Promoting Climate Change Adaptation, Risk Prevention and Management
- Priority Axis 6 - Preserving and Protecting the Environment and Promoting Resource Efficiency
- Priority Axis 7 - Sustainable Transport (only applicable in Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly)
- Priority Axis 8 - Promoting Social Inclusion and Combating Poverty and Any Discrimination
County Durham, as a transitional region, has its own ring-fenced budget allocation and benefits from a higher grant intervention rate (approved projects will be able to attract support up to 60% of total eligible project costs). Working with a wide range of partners, the County Durham Economic Partnership has established various work streams to develop specifications for activity in accordance with investment priorities.
Application for ERDF in England is through national open call process.
For further information and help with ERDF, please contact us.
In partnership with
- European Union - European Regional Development Fund