To get the best experience of this website, we recommend you upgrade your browser.

Upgrade your Internet Explorer

Durham County Council

Page location

Report council tax fraud

Council tax fraud costs all taxpayers. If you suspect someone of fraud, you can report it in a number of ways.

If you suspect council tax reduction fraud, single person discount fraud, or any other fraud against the council, you can report it to us.

Change of circumstances

Make sure you notify us of a change in your circumstances.

Failure to notify us of a change in your circumstances that could affect how much benefit you receive is an offence.