1. Do it online
  2. Have Your Say
  3. My Durham

Support for birth families

If you've had a child adopted, or someone in your family has, we can help.

We provide an advice service to parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, uncles and aunts.

Support for families of children currently going through the adoption process

If a child you're related to has been placed in our care and the plan is for them to be adopted, you will be invited to meetings to discuss what will happen. Contact us for more information if you're in this situation.

Tracing and contact with children adopted in the past

Find out more on the Making contact with an adopted relative web page.

Other support agencies

You can also get support from national organisations such as:

  • PAC-UK - specialist therapy, advice, support, counselling and training for people affected by adoption or other forms of permanent placement.
  • Adoption Search Reunion - information and advice to help trace and contact relatives.
  • After Adoption - independent counselling and support.
Contact us
03000 269 400
Our address is:
  • Children and Young People's Services
  • Spectrum 8
  • Spectrum Business Park
  • Seaham
  • County Durham
  • United Kingdom
  • SR7 7TT
Related information
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page