Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Have Your Say
  3. My Durham

People over 18 years old in receipt of child benefit

If you're over 18 years old and receive child benefit you're not counted (disregarded) when calculating council tax.

If you continue to receive child benefit over the age of 18 years (usually where full time education continues), you can apply for council tax discount. 

To apply for discount, download and complete the form below:

Icon for pdf Over 18s in receipt of child benefit council tax discount form (PDF, 30.9kb)

Contact us
Council tax
03000 26 4000
Our address is:
  • Revenues and Benefits
  • PO Box 238
  • Stanley
  • County Durham
  • United Kingdom
  • DH8 1FP
01207 218 876
Related information
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page