Community Action Scheme's current project
The Community Action Team (CAT) is working to tackle a range of local housing and environmental problems in different areas of County Durham. Find out about our current project in Dawdon.
We're currently delivering an eight week programme in Dawdon from 25 August 2017 to 20 October 2017. We will identify local priorities for improvement and focus our resources to support the area.
Following an initial walkabout, and considering input from a partnership meeting, we will work with local residents and partners to tackle a number of issues in the Dawdon area including:
- rubbish accumulations
- underage alcohol and tobacco sales
- appearance of the area including empty properties and abandoned land
Engagement meeting and drop-in sessions
During our time in Dawdon we will be holding an engagement meeting and four walkabouts for local residents, landlords and businesses to get involved and have their say.
- Monday 4 September, 3.30pm to 7.00pm at Dawdon Youth and Community Centre
Walkabouts will start at 10.30am, please meet us at the community noticeboard outside Dawdon Youth and Community Centre.
- Thursday 14 September
- Thursday 21 September
- Thursday 28 September
- Thursday 5 October
The sessions give people the opportunity to identify local priorities and issues. They also cover the following topics:
- Trading Standards - consumer advice on doorstep crime, scams and loan sharks.
- Recycling - find out what you can and can't recycle in your blue-lidded bin.
- Energy Efficiency Advice - find out how to reduce your energy costs.
Details of the programme areas for 2017-18 can be found on our Community Action Scheme page. You can find details of programmes that have already been carried out on the Community Action Scheme - previous projects page.
Contact us to find out more about our work.