Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

The government has announced further restrictions on mixing between households in any indoor setting in County Durham, in a bid to control the rising infection rates of COVID-19. Find out more about the latest measures at Indoor inter-household mixing restricted in parts of the North East

Pavements - personal injury

Any hazard in a public road or pavement caused as a result of an accident, damage or vandalism may be considered a risk to the public and could result in personal injury to pedestrians, road users or possible damage to property.

The following types of damage may be considered as a risk:

  • missing gully or drain covers
  • missing or damaged utility covers
  • knocked down lamp columns/sign poles
  • damaged light columns/sign poles with the electrical wiring exposed
  • traffic or concrete bollards knocked down or broken
  • damaged walls and fences that are part of the highway boundary
  • oil/chemical spillage on the surface
  • damaged bridge parapets

If you find a problem or would like further information on how to place a public liability claim please contact us.

Contact us
Customer Services
03000 26 0000
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page