Child performance licence
Applications for a child performance licence should be made through our Child Employment Office.
Children of compulsory school age and children who are pre-school age require a child performance licence if they wish to participate in:
- a live broadcast or recorded performance - for example, a television or radio programme or film
- a theatre performance, where audience members are required to pay a charge
- professional sport or modelling
- any performance in a licensed premises
To apply for a child performance licence the producer/production company and the child's parent must download and complete the following form:
You can also contact us to get copies of this form.
Return the form to us, with a copy of the child's birth certificate and two passport-size photographs. In some instances a doctor's note stating the child is fit to take part will be required.
For a summary of the basic legislation relating to legal requirements for children taking part in entertainment, please visit the National Network for Children in Employment and Entertainment website.
- Child employment
- 03000 265 907
Our address is:
- Children and Young People Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UJ