A women's refuge provides emergency temporary accommodation and support services to women and children who are affected by domestic abuse and homelessness.
You can ring refuges direct for advice and support. The contact numbers are listed below. Please use these for help and advice.
You could also go to your GP, health visitor, social worker, housing officer or the police who can arrange this for you.
- Stone Meadow House - Tel: 01207 282 193
- Harbour Peterlee Refuge - Tel: 0191 586 8890
- Wear Valley Women's Aid Refuge - Tel: 01388 600 094
- Durham Women's Refuge - Tel: 0191 386 5951
- Harbour Support Services - Tel: 03000 20 25 25