If you do not pay an outstanding penalty charge within 28 days of receipt of a Notice to Owner letter we will send a charge certificate notifying you that the payment required has increased by 50%.
The Charge Certificate may be sent if payment has not been received:
- following receipt of a Notice to Owner letter from the council (unless you submit a formal representation).
- following receipt of a Notice of Rejection of Representation.
- following notification from the Traffic Penalty Tribunal that your appeal against a Notice of Rejection has been rejected.
If payment of the penalty charge remains outstanding 14 days after the Charge Certificate is served, we will register the charge as a debt with the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC). This allows us to recover this increased charge as if it were payable under a county court order and at this stage, an order of recovery will be sent.
If you make a payment you may do so in one of the following ways:
- Online: using our Parking Gateway.
- By telephone: if you wish to pay by credit/debit card you can call the Parking Shop. Please have your card details, vehicle details, and PCN number ready.
- By post: sending payment with the completed payment slip to the Parking Shop.
- In person: complete the payment slip and return it in person with your payment to the Parking Shop
The Parking Shop (general contact)
03000 884 785
Our address is:
- Suite 1
- Forster House, Forster Business Centre
- Finchale Road, Framwellgate Moor
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5HL
0191 384 6846