1. Do it online
  2. Have Your Say
  3. My Durham

Help and support for victims of domestic abuse

There are organisations within County Durham that can help and support you or someone you know regardless of age, gender and sexuality.

If you are in immediate danger please call 999.

Get help

We understand that the first call is a big step.

Your call will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively, you do not have to face your problems alone.

Harbour Support Services are a specialist domestic abuse service who can help people who live within County Durham. You can contact Harbour on 03000 202 525 or by email info@myharbour.org.uk

You could also go to your GP, health visitor, social worker, housing officer or the police who can get advice on your behalf.

Download our information leaflets for more advice.

Women's refuge

If you are a woman and need to leave your home, women's refuges are also available within County Durham.

Forced marriage and 'honour-based' violence

You have the right to choose. If you or someone you know is being forced into a marriage or is a victim of honour-based violence, contact Choices Forced Marriage Helpline on 08005 999 365.

Related information
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page