Warm Homes Campaign
Transform your home with energy saving improvements like central heating or home insulation.
Our Warm Homes Campaign is the one-stop referral system for owner occupiers, private rented tenants and third sector organisations in County Durham. The Campaign helps residents to access energy efficiency grants to have a warmer home and lower energy bills.
We will contact all enquiries received and discuss the broad range of services that you could be eligible for. Assistance includes:
- advice on the grants available for boiler replacements and heating
- advice on the grants available for wall and loft insulation
- support with energy bills, switching energy companies and fuel debts
- energy saving advice
- benefit checks (from the Welfare Rights Team)
- fire safety checks (from Durham and Darlington Fire Service)
- help for those living in a cold home with a cold related illness
Some of these services may have an eligibility criteria.
If you think you might qualify for extra support, contact us.
Find out if you are eligible
You might be eligible for help if you live in private housing and get one of the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Pension Guarantee Credit - you won't be eligible if you only claim Pension Savings Credit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If you claim Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit your eligibility will depend on your income.
If you rent you must have the owner's permission to do the work.
Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme to help reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty. ECO provides grants for new boilers and home insulation measures.
Find out what scheme your energy provider offers:
- Ofcom Energy Company Obligation
- NPower Eco Scheme
- E.ON Eco Scheme
- EDF Energy Company Obligation Scheme
- Scottish Power Free Insulation
- British Gas Energy Company Obligation
- SSE discount on energy-efficient installations
Warm up North
This is a consortium of North East Local Authorities working together to assist with the reduction in levels of fuel poverty and providing warmer energy efficient homes.
- The Energy Saving Trust details simple steps to help you save energy and reduce bills.
- Citizen's Advice County Durham has produced a guide for energy related issues.
- If you have a water meter fitted and are in receipt of means tested benefits you may be able to get help from the Northumbrian Water: watersure assistance programme.
- Warm Homes Durham
- Warm Homes Durham
- 03000 268 000