Information about copyright of online maps.
The maps held within this site are intended for identification purposes only and must not be used for scaling or formal documentation.
Ordnance Survey Copyright
Maps which are part of the 'Map Search' and therefore the Geographic Information System (GIS) have been reproduced from Ordnance Survey material with the permission of Ordnance Survey on behalf of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office © Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings.
Licence Agreement for Access to National and/or Authority Datasets
The following points describe the terms and conditions under which we will provide you with access to maps, ie. the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the 'National Datasets') and/or the datasets compiled and created by the Authorities (the 'Authority Datasets') associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House and the Authorities.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this website.
- Save as permitted by clause 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to uses the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this website are provided 'as is', and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the website.
- Spatial data, mapping and GIS
- Spatial data, mapping and GIS
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- Spectrum 8
- County Durham
- United Kingdom