As digital technology is increasingly an essential part of our daily lives, see how our digital strategy supports residents, businesses and visitors throughout the county, as needs and expectations change.
Open Digital strategy to see the strategy in full.
This strategy sets out our digital ambitions for the county including:
- improving how people can access our services
- expanding digital connectivity across the county
- providing new, efficient ways of working for both frontline and back office staff
The strategy details digital developments planned to achieve our vision of connecting people to our services. Examples include:
- exploring the use of assistive technologies in adult social care
- increasing the use of mobile working for frontline services
- supporting online access and safety among communities
These digital developments are about giving residents greater choice and not less. This new strategy will ensure access to services is not dependent on digital technology and that other alternatives, telephone and face to face services are available to those who prefer or need them.
Changes to services through technology
Technology has changed the way we work, with more than 100 of our services now available online and over 40 per cent of residents currently accessing services online.
We've ensured better access to superfast broadband across the county through our Digital Durham partnership, providing greater support to help communities, homes and businesses to get online and get the most out of the digital world.
This new strategy aims to build on these achievements.
- ICT Services
- ICT Services
- 03000 261 100
Our address is:
- Business Engagement
- Durham County Council
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UE