1. Do it online
  2. Have Your Say
  3. My Durham

Pupil records

If you would like to access your educational records, this page will help you.

You have the right to access your educational record. However, to do so you will need to contact the headteacher of your school directly. We cannot provide you with this information.


It is free to view the educational record but If you require permanent copies of educational records you will be charged a fee. The amount payable will depend on the number of pages in the record. Requests for copies of educational records should be dealt with within 15 school days of receipt of the request. 

You can find out more information about the fees structure and the right of access to educational records on the Information Commissioner's Office website on their guidance page called 'Accessing pupils' information'.


Parents of children attending schools maintained by us or special schools which are not maintained, are entitled to copies of their child's education records under The Education (Pupil Information) (England) Regulations 2000.

Related information
Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page