County Hall is our administrative headquarters.
County Hall is closed to the public due to Covid-19. However, we are available online and over the phone. See our Contacting us (changes to service) page for the latest information.
Our customer access points are closed until further notice in line with government guidance. However, our customer contact centre is open and we are responding to enquiries online and over the phone. See our Contacting us (changes to service) page for the latest information.
County Hall is situated on the outskirts of Durham City.
Getting to County Hall
- By rail: County Hall is approximately 10 minutes walk from Durham Railway Station. Durham is on the east coast mainline with trains direct from London, Edinburgh and Newcastle.
- By car: Durham is just off the A1(M) and A167 and has easy links with the A19 in the east and the A68 in the west. There is a visitor car park near the main entrance to County Hall (postcode: DH1 5UQ). You can also use Park and Ride to get to County Hall.
- By bus: Many bus services stop directly outside County Hall.
- Durham County Record Office
- View planning applications for strategic and Durham City applications.
Contact us for more information.