Stanley AAP - opportunities and activities for young people
Stanley Area Action Partnership (AAP) has set up an 'Opportunities and Activities for Young People Group' to discuss and support projects for young people in the area. Find out more about their work on this page.
More than 200 young people were consulted to find out what was important to them, and what they would like to see changed in the area. They were also consulted on project ideas if the funding was available. These sessions resulted in six key areas which the young people felt were the most important:
- more activities
- better shops
- better parks
Agreed action points
Action points were agreed for the year by the group. They were based on the feedback from previous forum events, board meetings, a youth consultation event and neighbourhood issues. The action points include:
- hold a young people consultation event
- conduct an information collecting exercise on youth provision in the area - see the which we have carried out
- support and sustain current project delivery that addresses the young people's chosen priorities
- have support groups/services working with young people addressing anti-social behaviour and safety issues
- support a wide range of activities and opportunities for young people (consultation event)
- promote small grants and access to education funds
Contact us for information about future meetings and if you'd like to get involved.
The most recent meeting notes are available below. For previous notes, please contact us.
Area Action Partnership - Stanley
03000 265 323
Our address is:
- Front Street
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH9 0SU