Budgets & Spending
We publish a range of financial information, some of which is statutory which means we are required by law to publish it, and some which gives general information about the finances of the county.
This section contains information on the following:
- Payments over £500: Payments with a value of £500 or over (exclusive of VAT) made to suppliers. The reports are prepared and published 30 days after the end of each month.
- Contracts Register: The register lists all contracts, commissioned activity, purchase orders, framework agreements and other legally enforceable agreements, including waste collection contracts, that exceed £5,000.
- Annual Statement of Accounts: The Statement of Accounts presents our overall financial performance.
- Durham County Council Pension Fund information: The Local Government Pension Scheme (GPS) is a statutory scheme for council employees, operated under regulations issued by the central Communities and Local Government department.
- Durham and Mountsett Crematoria Statement of Accounts: The statement of accounts and annual return for Durham and Mountsett Crematoria.
- Section 251 Budget Statement: Funding information for our children's services. The information is presented in a set of tables at both council and school level. It has been produced under Section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009.
- Year end Financial Outturn Report: Information about the Detailed Year End Financial Outturn Report 2009/10. It includes both revenue and capital expenditure and considers the overall, and service financial performance.
- National Fraud Initiative: Find out how we help prevent and detect fraud.
- Trade Union Facility Time: Details of the number of union representatives, and includes the names of trade unions and a basic estimate of spending on them. It is updated annually.
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprises (VCSE): This register includes grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations.
- Government procurement card transactions: This register includes details of all of our government procurement card transactions and is updated quarterly.
- Land charges income statement
- Crematoria Statement of Accounts
- Durham Schools Forum
- Council Pension Fund
- Payments over £500
- Section 251 Budget Statements
- National Fraud Initiative
- Pay multiple and Pay Policy Statement
- Statement of Accounts
- Senior staff salaries
- Year End Financial Outturn Report
- Contracts Register
- Counter fraud information
- Trade Union Facility Time
- Gender pay gap