Road safety team
Our road safety team supports the reduction of road traffic casualties in County Durham through a series of education programmes, training courses and road safety campaigns. This page gives an overview of their work.
The team are highly professional and deliver some of the best training and most successful road safety awareness campaigns in the county. Our work addresses local, regional and national road safety issues, and working with a number of partners our aim is to educate, inform and encourage safer road user behaviour.
- School road safety schemes: we provide a variety of road safety training schemes for schools.
- Cycling safety schemes: we provide a cyclist training in schools under the Bikeability (cycling proficiency) scheme.
- Young drivers: EXCELerate is designed to help make young drivers the safest drivers on our roads.
- Older drivers: Safer Driving with Age (SAGE) offers assessments for drivers over 55 years.
- Business driver training: we offer driver training at work for businesses who employ drivers.
- Driving instructors: client centred learning courses for Approved Driving Instructors.
- School crossing patrols: we provide a county wide school crossing patrol service.
- eNewsletter: please contact us to subscribe to our enewsletter to find out more about the work of the team.
We regularly deliver campaigns with our partners County Durham and Darlington Fire Service - Safety Carousel, Wisedrive and the Durham Constabulary: Junior Neighbourhood Watch.
- Road Safety
- Road Safety
- 03000 268 175
Our address is:
- Regeneration and Local Services
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ