Park play areas re-opening information
We have reopened our park play areas.
Play areas re-opening dates
All of our play areas have now reopened except the following which need to be repaired:
- Barnard Castle, Gray Lane Demesnes
- Consett, Allensford Park
- Coundon, Wharton Street
- Durham City, Pity Me The Avenue
- Escomb, Village Hall
- Riverside Park play area
How to use the play areas in our parks safely
Some equipment may have been removed to help keep you safe. You can view the government guidance at Gov.uk: Coronavirus - advice on accessing green spaces safely.
To keep you, your family and your local community safe, please follow the rules below:
- Do not visit if you, or any of your family, are displaying Covid19 symptoms. Stay at home and follow government advice.
- Wash your hands regularly and wash them immediately before you leave and after you return home.
- Maintain a 2 metre distance between yourself and others not in your household or support bubble.
- Only one adult should be with their child in the play area and children should only play with those in their own bubble.
- Be kind and respectful of other users.
- Bring your own sanitiser and sanitise your hands before and after entering the play area and before and after using any of the equipment.
- Do not use your own cleaning products on the play equipment.
- If the play equipment is busy, please wait or come back at another time.
- Please do not bring food and drink into the play area.
- Take your litter home.