Libraries re-opening information
Three quarters of our libraries have now reopened. Find out what has changed and what you must do before you come to one of our libraries.
- browsing, borrowing and returning books
- access to computers
How it will work
When visiting, you will be asked to give your name and a contact number. This information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
- A limited number of people will be allowed inside the library at any given time, so please be patient if you have to wait.
- A limited number of our computers can be used and time slots will be allocated to allow for cleaning.
- Returned items will only be removed from your ticket after a 72 hour quarantine period.
- We ask people to make their visit as brief as possible, ideally no more than 15 minutes.
- Fines will not be charged for overdue items.
What you must do
When in a library:
- you must wear a face covering, unless exempt
- stay two metres apart at all times to help to protect yourself and others
- you must use our hand sanitising stations before entering
- all children under the age of 12 must be accompanied at all times