Making your workplace COVID secure
In light of government guidance and a new lockdown which began on 5 November, we have had to close many of our retail and hospitality businesses across County Durham.
Many businesses and workplaces are still operating. Below you will find guidance on making your workplace COVID secure and how to make sure your business can operate safely.
Remember: if you, or a member of staff, feels unwell with any Coronavirus symptoms (or a member of the household is unwell with symptoms), you must follow government guidance to stay at home and arrange to have a test. See What to do if you think you have coronavirus.
COVID-19 Business Toolkit
Ourwill help guide you through the main considerations for operating your business safely. It includes links to useful documents such as a risk assessment template.
QR code posters
Venues in hospitality, the tourism and leisure industry, close contact services and local authority facilities now have a legal requirement to maintain records of customer contact details and display an official NHS QR code poster. Find out more information about the posters at Gov.uk: Maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace.
Guidance and further information
- Covid-19 support for businesses - includes the latest updates, grant schemes and business rates relief
- Retail support
- Gov.uk: working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Gov.uk: Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) - 5 steps to working safely
- Gov.uk: Coronavirus (COVID-19) safer public places - urban centres and green spaces
- Gov.uk: COVID-19: cleaning of non-healthcare settings
- Gov.uk: COVID-19: early outbreak management
- Gov.uk: How to wear and make a cloth face covering
- Gov.uk: Coronavirus outbreak FAQs - what you can and can't do
- Gov.uk: Guidance Maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace
- Business Durham has produced a COVID-19 Business Support Brochure to highlight the support currently available for businesses from them and their partners across the North East.
- HSE has produced guidance to help you work safely (be Covid-secure) and manage the risk associated with running your business at this time. It includes practical measures you can take, for example putting in place social distancing measures, staggering shifts, providing additional handwashing facilities and how to talk with workers to help them stay safe. HSE: Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest information and advice.
- North East Growth Hub has guidance for businesses and employers including a toolkit with the latest advice, guidance and support available - financial support available, guidance for staff, employers and businesses and how to care for staff, suppliers and customers. North East Growth Hub: COVID-10 (Coronavirus) Toolkit.
Downloadable posters and resources
- Better Business for All
- Better Business for All
- 03000 261 016