We provide adult social care services for the most vulnerable people in our community.
Adult Care covers the following service areas:
- learning disabilities, mental health, substance misuse
- older people, County Durham Care and Support, physical and sensory support
- safeguarding and access
- the Care Act
- older people
- people with a learning disability
- people with a physical disability
- people with sensory loss
- people with a substance misuse or alcohol misuse
- people with mental health needs
- unpaid carers
- vulnerable adults and those at risk of abuse and neglect
How to access care and support
If you live in County Durham and think you need care and support, your first step should be to visit our Locate - care and support in County Durham website. Locate contains a range of information and advice, including organisations to help you live as independently as you can.